In 1912, we commenced operations starting off as cotton waste dealers.
In 1919, our founder, Gulamhussain Jafferbhoy Rassiwalla began manufacturing ropes and twines made from cotton and jute under the name G. J. Rassiwalla Rope Factory at a newly setup plant situated at Clare Road in the heart of Bombay (now Mumbai). Thereafter, the company diversified into the production and wholesale distribution of braided cords, tapes and newar made from cotton, nylon, jute and PP/HDPE for local and domestic markets.
In 1952, we opened up our first retail outlet at Mohammed Ali Road, which is the epicentre of the local and domestic market.
In 1975, we acquired our first overseas order and shipped out our first export consignment to the U.S.A.
In 1987, we completed 75 years in existence and continued to expand our domestic and international business.
As of 2010, our firm continues its operations under the name, G. J. Rassiwalla Rope Co., servicing local/domestic as well as international markets. Countries exported to include Australia, New Zealand, UK, USA as well as regions like Central America, parts of the Middle East and Africa.